[WoW] Stepping Down

I got assigned to an extra project at work that requires me to put in about two hours during my normal 'off hours' in the evening. The good news is I'm being compensated for my time. So, woot, IRL loot. The bad news is that I now have two less hours of free time each night. I still would like to eat dinner with my family and spend a little time with them each night. My time reading bedtime stories and tucking my kids in each night is sacrosanct. It's my gaming time that I will be forced to cut back. I'll be on the project for a minimum of two weeks, but it could go as long as two months.

The new guild is still coming together from the merger of the raiders of Dirty Casuals and Athanatos. I haven't gotten to know many people from the Athanatos well. My position as one of the tanks certainly helps. It's a situation where I don't know nearly as many guild members as know me. If I take two months away from raiding, they will have to get a new tank and I will become old whatshisname.

Oh, I'll never forget old whathisname.
Who?
I don't remember. 

Things don't get any easier even after I come off the project. We raid on Wednesday night and Thursday night. Two months puts us into September. I've got Fantasy Football drafts to prep for and once the season starts, I'm going to be really torn between WoW and Thursday Night Football (college and pro - but mostly pro (#KeepPounding #GoPanthers)). We also finally found a house (yeah!) and it looks like we'll be moving again in mid-September which will provide another disruption to ability to raid.

I have no idea what the situation will be like when I return. For now, most of what I will see of Hellfire Citadel will be either on YouTube or as an LFR hero. I'm afraid you won't be seeing much on the blog about new raid boss kills or the like. Hearthstone fits in the limited windows I'm going to have a little better so I might post about that. Maybe you'll even see a Fantasy Football post or two. Honestly, right now, I just don't know.

Raiding has always been one of my favorite activities in World of Warcraft. I play a support role and that sort of demands group content to have other people to support.

I going to miss it.

Comments

Penvrane said…
Think positive =)

Popular posts from this blog

Cataclysm Profession Bonuses

Raid Comp Tool

Back To Basics: The 969 Paladin Threat Rotation